News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Kinda got the blahs today. Head uncomfortable and tired feeling. For no apparent reason.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

I got the blahs too. Work is well work.
I sat for OVER an hour this morning at the doctor AFTER seeing the actual doctor so they could do labs. Like really?
On top of the almost $200 it cost me for the actual visit. So expensive to see a doctor and then read her paperwork that says you're "morbidly obese"  :nono:  :noo:  :mad:

Slammed since I got home trying to recap something that was due at 1pm and it's now 2:09pm and still missing a districts info. I just am over it.

Still havent heard from the US Faster Payments job either.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MsJennJenn

Our CEO just sent an email about 5,000 layoffs coming now too. Love that.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

That's a lot, MJJ. :( Praying today goes better!

MsJennJenn

Haha oh it's def. not. My boss is an idiot. She's already reamed me for a "double booked" on her calendar this morning when she's the one who told the person to book the call at the same time as the other call.  :frustrated:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

:hi:
Rib aching. Done paperwork on removal of two thorns of the flesh, had one removed today already. Ready for next weekend(10th & 11th). I'm burning holiday and employee birthday and taking two days, which works out to 5 days off.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

:hi:
Hope everyone has a good day!
I'm drowning in paperwork.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Don't have too much fun with that paperwork!

I'm currently at work, tired of people, dreaming of a day when I don't have to work anymore.  At current rates, it should be when I am 936 years old.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Or you could just quit and be poor like me. ;)

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 02, 2023, 06:05:37 PMOr you could just quit and be poor like me. ;)
Well, I'm half way there. Got the poor part covered. :smirk2:

Lynx

Yeah, me too. No sign of being able to quit, but I got the poor part nailed down. I'm a past-master at that.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

Sames on the poor. And in too much debt. Working on it. S l o w l y.
 :noo:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Working on debt is hard, but we, too, are doing it. My recent truck purchase didn't help, but sometimes you have to do things that counter the ultimate goal temporary. At least I didn't buy a $40k+ new one. :smirk2:
Bible study went good last night. Having a carpet cleaner come in today and try cleaning the sanctuary carpet. The water issues we had last year had stained it pretty badly, so last ditch effort before paying mega bucks to have it replaced is to see if they can get the water stains out.
Hope everyone has a great day. I'm in my usual morning mood- irritable and not fit for human consumption.

Lynx

Hmph! When I  have to use a cable clamp for a stupid piece of rope...

My dog got loose four times in the last three days. One time was when his old rope wore out. The other three times were when his new rope wouldn't hold a knot.

I don't know what this stuff is made of. Feels like plastic. May be nylon? But it's worthless as a rope. You're supposed to be able to tie a knot in a rope and it STAYS there.

So I tied a new, more complex knot and this time backed it up with a cable clamp I had lying around.

But you're not supposed to have to use a cable clamp with a rope. Sailors would be looking for little nuts all the time if they had to resort to cable clamps.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

Complaining about modern rope...

Holy cow! I'm getting old! NOOOOOOOO!  :noo:
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

:lol: @ Isaac

I finally finished making up the peach jam last night.
Speaking of old, I have to do things in stages now that I used to do just as a side task. :smirk2:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on August 03, 2023, 12:28:11 PMI'm in my usual morning mood- irritable and not fit for human consumption.

Same. Except it's progressed into the afternoon. :mad:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

MsJennJenn

Always so happy when Friday finally comes.

I've been grumpy since the start of work. Cus my boss is an idiot.
I wish I understood how executives get where they are with NO basic computer/Microsoft office skills. She can't even send Outlook invites properly.  :pound:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 04, 2023, 04:47:19 PMAlways so happy when Friday finally comes.

I've been grumpy since the start of work. Cus my boss is an idiot.
I wish I understood how executives get where they are with NO basic computer/Microsoft office skills. She can't even send Outlook invites properly.  :pound:

I'm always grumpy in the am, even though I have terrific bosses at this time. Cus I don't like mornings. :pound:
And Jenn, I've come to the conclusion that people in power usually rise due to WHO they know, not WHAT they know. Every once in a while, God smiles, and the worker gets someone who knew the right people and who is actually competent at their job- I find myself enjoying this now- but most often it's the idiots that rise to the top. Someone needs to get a skimmer and remove some of 'em.  :laughhard:
In sharing, now that I'm awake- coworker's boyfriend is semi opening a food truck catering business. The man can COOK. Last week, it was the most delicious grilled pork chops I've ever had, including my own, and all the trimmings.
Today was something I'd never tried- German Burgers. Oh Lawd. I'm in love. Sooooo good, and so filling.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

All I got is lasagna from Food Giant, but it was leftover and half price. I'll take it.
"Do you sing at church?"