News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

Yesterday was the first day of Spring and it was soooo pretty. We grilled burgers.

Today? Not so much, I've been sneezing since I got out of bed and it's raining and gloomy.
Me no likey. Take it away.  :noo:  :nono:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Supposed to be raining here, either now or later today, but so far it's just overcast. Ready for the day to be over.It's dragging.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

A whole jar of chocolate peanut butter might seem a high price to pay, just to flavor a batch of boiled custard... But oh my goodness, chocolate peanut butter boiled custard is like heaven in a mug!

Aaaaaand that's the most exciting thing that has happened around here. Just in case you wonder why I don't post much.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

I know, Isaac. Sometimes there just anything interesting to say, either that or it's not appropriate.

MsJennJenn

haha not appropriate?

Tornado of some sort went thru here last night.
Sirens were going off. Sky went SUPER dark. I snagged Keke (cat) and we got in the closet.
I heard wind and things banging and clanging. Then that was it. Trees all over front yard. Buncha stuff knocked over.

Got the most gorgeous pic of the rainbow after. It felt like it was SO close I could touch it.
It was mesmerizing.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

:hi:
Understand the lack of things to say.
It started raining last night around 11 to midnight, and I bet we've gotten 3 inches or better. Not a fan....
Called and made arrangements for Chey's Sweet 16 birthday party in July.
https://www.allaboutarkansas.com/charlotte-teresa-plantation-arkansas/

We are going to have a birthday party for her on a Friday evening, and let she and 4 of her little girlfriends have a sleepover in this mansion.
Chey is a nut for plantation houses and vintage and although this one is not vintage it has all of the vintage style. She's wanted this for her 16th for the past three years, since we stumbled across the place and found out they did events...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

Sounds fun!

@Work. Sleepy as always. Thankfully we just got rain here overnight and today so far. It's chilly again, but at least it's not freezing. Supposedly we're in for some "wintry mix" overnight tonight but it's not supposed to get below freezing.

Backseat Radio

I've been sick for the last few days with sinus issues. Sudafed kept me awake much of Sunday night. Then last night I slept so hard I didn't hear any of my alarms and was 2 hours late to work.

Roscoe

Struggling through the day. Ready for the rain to be gone. It does appear to have cleared out but is a tad cold.

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Bright and sunshiny here also, except its a bit chilly. I can't warm up today.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

@Work. Headache and neck ache... what's new! haha..

Husband's been a bit under the weather. Had to get him some Dayquil/Nyquil last night, then made him take some allergy meds and some Flonase. Really hoping this helps him breathe better and get that gunk out of him.

Roscoe

Beautiful today. I've had the last couple days off. So tired today I had no energy though. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Roscoe

Man. Everyone's quiet. Like GP died. :sadbounce:

Almost through the day. Got ticked all over again when my boss came in today and informed me that we are holding off on some big wigs approval before going to 10 hour shifts despite being told they were starting next week. Really struggling to keep a good attitude- first they give me a bonus, then take it back to be paid later; then they give me 10 hour shifts, but keep pulling them back. I'd rather they just didn't say anything until they are ready to let things happen. They making me grumpy-er.

The Purple Fuzzy

I had jury duty this morning. Thankfully I got out of it.

Nelle

That's frustrating, Roscoe. Hopefully it'll be a swift decision.

I haven't had jury duty yet. Hearing other people's stories are so mixed. My husband was on the jury for a case from the local mental health hospital. He was very anxious when they read everyone's names out loud for the defendant to hear. They were originally told that it wouldn't be done. The defendant had been threatening to injure/kill/maim everyone from the judge to the jury. I wish we could remember their name to make sure where they are now. It's very scary that 'doing your public duty' could endanger yourself and your family.

@Work.

Got my results from my labs Friday. My WBC count has slightly improved, but I'm still not good. I was given the option of doing one more round of labs in three months or being referred to hematology. I asked for one more since things I had been doing seem to be helping some. I've been taking my allergy meds regularly as well as doing an allergy nasal spray. I've also been eating mandarins daily, sometimes more than 1-2 a day. I'm sure the vitamin C is helping whatever is going on. I'm going to go back to my Allegra D allergy meds and see if that helps more than the Zyrtec. I dunno. Hearing hematology is scary, as well as hearing my WBC count was elevated for so long. I probably should've just gone with the referral, because you always hope you can get to your issues before they get too bad.

Nelle

We got our first Hello Fresh box in yesterday. I made the beef tenderloin with balsamic steak sauce, sour cream and chive mashed potatoes, and roasted broccoli last night. It was delicious. We have three more meals to make this week. Blackened chicken penne, Old Bay buttered chicken, and cranberry dijon pork tenderloin. I'm not sure which one we want tonight. I'm hoping Jeremy will make the Blackened chicken penne when I'm not home to eat it (on his day off) because I can't eat spicy foods much anymore, haha.

Roscoe

:hi: Been semi busy today. Not wanting to people. Or adult. LOL.

Lynx

Some chat friend and I are having a meetup in pigeon forge in the last third of april. Let me know if any of y'all happen to be going through the area between April 19th and 26th.

Personally I'm still half expecting it to fall through, even though we have already paid for the chalet rental. I have seen too many meetups collapse at the last moment. But I'm hoping...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

I love Pigeon Forge. Would LOVE to drive the motorhome up for a week or so. Unfortunately, Lou doesn't have time off for us to do that this year.
I'm gonna have to look and see what Hello Fresh is. I've heard of it, but never looked at it...

MsJennJenn

The bf and I have talked about doing one of those meal subscription box things.

I'm having carpal tunnel surgery Apr 21 (hand one) and April 26 (second hand). So I'ma be on vacation April 21-May 1.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

I don't know. Seems like those meal subscription things are awful expensive for what you get. Especially for the next few months- around here in the country, we will have access to fresh tomatoes, cukes, okra- you name it. You'll nearly have to lock your car up to keep someone from loading it up with excess. Add the fact we buy most our meat in bulk like we do, and our biggest issue is getting the energy up to COOK it after work.

Feeling guilty- Church is canceled tonight because the tile being laid in the foyer can't be walked on for 24 hours until it dries and is grouted. I must confess that while I love church, I'm not even that unhappy, as I really feel like a long peaceful conversation with my recliner is appropriate, with the rain and all.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on March 30, 2022, 07:23:15 PMour biggest issue is getting the energy up to COOK it after work.

This is always my issue lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on March 30, 2022, 07:23:15 PMI don't know. Seems like those meal subscription things are awful expensive for what you get. Especially for the next few months- around here in the country, we will have access to fresh tomatoes, cukes, okra- you name it. You'll nearly have to lock your car up to keep someone from loading it up with excess.
Yeah, yeah, yeah! Next few months I make sure to leave my car windows rolled down. Sometimes I put out a sign beside the car. :-D
"Do you sing at church?"