News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

I think the thing is trying to give Roscoe a heart attack.  My wife is already planning Roscoes demise so she can get ahold of the A.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 13, 2023, 11:58:04 PMIt seems like three different people would get their attention.

You would think. But those happened in May and still nothing.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on July 17, 2023, 09:00:10 AMDrove it about fifty miles... So it DOES run. That was my first question.

Fifty miles for that car is like three hundred fifty for a modern car. You trying to give the poor thing a heart attack?
Nah. The old girl seeme to like it
actually. The more I drive it the better  she runs.
Quote from: mini on July 17, 2023, 01:44:39 PMI think the thing is trying to give Roscoe a heart attack.  My wife is already planning Roscoes demise so she can get ahold of the A.

:ugly:
I'm gonna have to specifically  exclude Kim from my will in regards to the A. For my own protection.  :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Morning all. Back at work. A ton to do today... and a *ugh* gathering, work potluck this afternoon. I shall do all in my power to keep from having to attend....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

Back @work.

I guess I've got the post-time-off-work-blues. Cranky. :)

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on July 18, 2023, 12:08:04 PMMorning all. Back at work. A ton to do today... and a *ugh* gathering, work potluck this afternoon. I shall do all in my power to keep from having to attend....
I thought you were off on Mondays.

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 18, 2023, 02:57:28 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on July 18, 2023, 12:08:04 PMMorning all. Back at work. A ton to do today... and a *ugh* gathering, work potluck this afternoon. I shall do all in my power to keep from having to attend....
I thought you were off on Mondays.
I am. Unfortunately, over here, it is Tuesday. :sadbounce:

Nelle

I was SO confused yesterday thinking it was Sunday still. I even texted a friend (who normally has to do Amtrak northbound to chicago on Sun evenings) if he was on the train that blew by me. No.. b/c it was Monday already haha. It was confusing missing my normal Sunday schedule.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

"In appreciation for your performance last month, tonight we will have a company potluck dinner."

"Sir we hate doing stuff as a group after work when we don't get paid for it."

"Yeah, I wasn't very happy with your performance last month either."

- Dilbert
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

It's about to storm here. Athena's terrified of storms. Thankfully I still have my ipad with me from the trip, so I have the ipad in front of her crate playing Paw Patrol. Hoping it distracts her from thunder/lightning.

Roscoe

Morning. It's hotter than the devil's armpit here.  :pound: I'm chugging through the day...slowly. As in if I were an auto, my model A would outrun me. :biglaugh:

The Purple Fuzzy

Yep. I think we're under some sorta excessive heat warning.

MsJennJenn

Yea we are definitely under a heat warning. I keep getting those notifications from my weather app.  :o

Update to my work saga. Our ethics calls are finally getting somewhere. An official investigation has been opened and the investigator has started reaching out to people to get information.  :clap:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

wheels of justice are often slow, but hopefully effective.

@Work. Hardly any sleep last night due to a ferocious dog who is terrified of storms, haha. Poor kid.

Lynx

Quote from: Nelle on July 19, 2023, 05:52:08 PMwheels of justice are often slow, but hopefully effective.

@Work. Hardly any sleep last night due to a ferocious dog who is terrified of storms, haha. Poor kid.
Is this a dog (can bark and scare away deer) or a "dog" (can bark and deer just look at the critter like, "Pfft! What?")
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Nelle

Quote from: Lynx on July 19, 2023, 07:14:22 PM
Quote from: Nelle on July 19, 2023, 05:52:08 PMwheels of justice are often slow, but hopefully effective.

Is this a dog (can bark and scare away deer) or a "dog" (can bark and deer just look at the critter like, "Pfft! What?")

She's a Belgian Malinois and she can be literally ferocious, but only when requested to be by her peoples. She protected her dad last night (in our own yard) from a neighbor's pit bull who aggressively approached him. Unsure why their dog was unsupervised and unleashed out of their yard, but thankfully Athena was there to deescalate the situation.

She "failed out" of police line of work due to her liking kids and small pets too much. (and I don't mean the "I want to eat them" liking hahaha.) When I come home from work and she's already home w/ Jeremy, her growls/bark often intimidate me, and I live here.. LOL.

Lynx

Definitely a real dog.

Ever have anybody argue with you that she is a german shepherd, and won't accept that she's any other breed?
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

Not yet! We've only had her since around mid-end June. Her service dog status keeps most strangers at bay.

This should be her last week coming to work with me every day. I feel like a broken record b/c I've said that for two weeks, BUT she was able to show what she can do yesterday morning. Hopefully they can get her through all their stinkin red tape and completely cleared asap.

@Work. It's raining - again. We had flooding here and even worse flooding down in KY from yesterday's lines of storms.

My blood pressure has been so elevated the past month. I've got to get strict with my diet & exercise again, so that hopefully all I have to do is some minor tweaking to the meds.

Roscoe

It's hot here. No rain. I hope I'm able to cut my lawn when I get off tonight- it's growing up on me. So much to do, so little time...

Lynx

Ugh. Tell me about it!

I was going to mow Tuesday, but it rained. Of course it rained. It's been raining every day, just enough to get the grass good and wet. Then the sun shines the rest of the day to make the grass grow.

Finally got a break in the weather and got it mowed yesterday. It done growed three inches between Tuesday and Thursday. Looked like I was baling hay.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

In local news, this morning I've been baking chocolate chip cookies for a church homecoming dinner.

You can start lying to yourself a lot when you're making cookies...

"Gotta test one, make sure they didn't get overdone. They get doggone hard and crunchy when they get over... Mmm, nope, that's perfect."

"Oooh, what about this tiny one? Gotta make sure cookies that size don't get overdone either... Nope, that's perfect."

"Whoops, this one is falling apart, it's so good. I mean... Um... Oh that's just in terrible shape. Can't send that one to church."

I mean even the Bible says you shouldn't bring a sacrifice that is imperfect to God, right? (We ministers can quote scripture for our own purposes just as good as the devil.)
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

When you mix up chocolate chip cookie dough it should rattle. If it doesn't rattle you're being too stingy with the chips.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

And...now...rain. I rushed home last night and mowed at least the front yard. As fast as the grass has been growing, it nearly could've been baled. And I guess I can share here. In addition to the Model A, something else followed me home Monday.
  I've been known by most of my friends to have just antique vehicles, other than my state car. Since we began pastoring more and more I find myself in need of a more modern vehicle with A/c, especially since Papa Wilson passed. Last week, in addition to having everything I had torn apart, I had two saints in the hospital and had to borrow Lou's car twice so I could at least arrive at the hospital not smelling like a goat.
I told Lou I HAD to do something. The Model A was a trade, no money involved so it didn't impact the budget.
I've been looking halfheartedly for the past couple of years. When I began looking seriously last week, I got sticker shock. Everything that was available cost nearly what I paid for my house 20 years ago. And I'm not talking new....we are talking 75,80k miles, five- and ten-year-old trucks.
But the local Ford place had something. The most beautiful blue 2018 F150 I've ever seen and I'm not a Ford guy. It had been on their lot a month, 86k miles, so they were willing to deal. Apparently, it had two flaws for most people around here. It was two-wheel drive, not four-wheel drive. And instead of a crewcab with four full doors, it was a supercab with the back two doors being the little reverse hinged doors. Since I truly don't need 4x4, that didn't bother me. And it would be rare anyone would need to be in the back, which was spacious enough anyway.
I prayed about it, counseled with friends and laid a fleece before God. If they accepted my offer and the bank gave no kicks, I would buy it. They called Monday and I made my offer. An hour later they told me I could come get the truck at my price. It has the most beautiful two tone gray leather with black tooled leather insert seats I've ever seen.
And in one more act of showing God's approval...It had big mudgrip 4x4 style tires that were getting worn. I'd told a close friend I was looking at it, and he went by to see. When I texted him I'd just bought it he came over to see- then made me cry.
"Bobby, I need you to tell God I'm a wee upset at Him, He just cost me money". Puzzled, I asked how. Keep in mind my friend is a backslider.
" I've watched you for 20 years put your wife and family first and keep them in nice vehicles. Most of what you've driven in that time, other than your antiques has been junk and I hope that doesn't hurt your feelings. I asked God this morning- and yes I do still pray occasionally-, if it was His will I wanted Him to bless you with that truck. And if He did, I told Him I would buy you a new set of tires. I just ordered a new set of factory street tread tires like you said you would want. They'll be here Thursday"
I cried like a baby. Tried to tell him it wasn't necessary. He simply said, in the way that only brothers can- "Shut up. You aren't robbing me of my blessings. I take care of God's man, God takes care of me"
Last night I went and got my new tires. And his son in law, who I married to his daughter in April- works at a tow service. He told me Monday, I am to come and he will install the tires. Free of charge.
I am not worthy of His blessings, but I so thank Him for them. And for my friends, who I am confident will return to God soon.
And yes, those that have found out locally- have been amazed. "You bought a MODERN NORMAL vehicle?!?!"
"You bought a FORD?" Apparently this is out of character for me. Who knew? :laughhard:  :laughhard:

Nelle

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! That's just about the sweetest story. I'm glad I read that this morning.