News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Lawd. Everybody backslid.  :pound:  :pound:
Hotter than the devil's parlor here. My church A/c can't keep up. Got the unit outside being sprayed with a water sprinkler and it's still 82 degrees in the sanctuary.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

Been an adventurous day here. After church Pastor's family and some of the choir went to visit a sister thats in a nursing home and unable to communicate well from a stroke and have a time of worship with her.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on August 20, 2023, 07:38:38 PMLawd. Everybody backslid.  :pound:  :pound:
Hotter than the devil's parlor here. My church A/c can't keep up. Got the unit outside being sprayed with a water sprinkler and it's still 82 degrees in the sanctuary.

This is about what my house sits at by time we get to 5pm. These 105+ days are getting old!!!!

I have TWO interviews this week for internal positions!!!! Prayers please!!!  :clap:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Backseat Radio

The depression over losing my Mom is kicking in and making me want to withdraw from church attendance and involvement. My church leadership and family is aware of this and already told  me if I start skipping services they will be showing up at my house looking for me. Sunday morning I was feeling down so I showed up at church just minutes before service started rather than my usual hour and a half early. As soon as I stepped into the building, my media team leader Bro Joseph confronts me and says "you're 7 minutes away from me showing up at your house."

Nelle

BR.. Do you have access to support groups even outside of church? They may seem 'too much' at times, but I'm thankful you have people in your corner looking out for you! I want to say good job for going to church even in the middle of not really feeling like it. Those are difficult, but big steps. Praying for you.. virtual hugs!

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Nelle on August 21, 2023, 06:35:32 PMBR.. Do you have access to support groups even outside of church? They may seem 'too much' at times, but I'm thankful you have people in your corner looking out for you! I want to say good job for going to church even in the middle of not really feeling like it. Those are difficult, but big steps. Praying for you.. virtual hugs!

The only grief support group that I know of off hand (if it still exists)  is at a Church of Christ and I'm trying to stay away from Church of Christ.  I do have some friends outside the Apostolic faith that I keep in touch with and share the grieving process with.

Bro Joseph's comment was said in a teasing my sister tone. At the same time he was dead serious about  being concerned about me.

Roscoe

Morning. BSR praying for you. Jenn Jenn praying for your job situation. And Nelle- I'd pray for your heat but I don't want Him to think that I should have it in your stead. In this case I am respectfully preferring you.

Currently I am mad at my department's IT folk. They are blocking nearly every site I go to ...Don't know how they've missed this one. It's department wide though, not targeted at me.
This week, and next week are gonna be an eternity long. SO ready for the first week of September for Lou and my getaway...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

One more day till my interviews. Couldn't sleep last night thinking about them.
Thanks for the prayers Bobby.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Poor Athena is so ready to not be coming here to work with me. She just wants to chase squirrels and I make her stay inside with me except for potty walks, hahahaha. She's leaving with her dad in the morning for the event in Wisconsin until Sunday, so I think she'll be ecstatic tomorrow. I'm goin to miss them while they are gone, but hopefully Tabby, me and mom can find the strength to have fun anyway. I'm taking off Friday so that I can go to my follow-up hematology appt but also to shop. I'm feeling like Goodwill in every town near me will be seeing us.

I've been VERY careful to not mention how hot it's been outside.. for fear Jeremy will murder me in my sleep, hahahahaa. I am so thankful for an indoors job! I would NOT make it with no a/c in these kinds of days. I was washing dishes last night and started sweating, hahaha. Our kitchen a/c vent does not do so hot in the far corner (where all the air seeps into the next room instead). But I survived thanks to a fan!

The Purple Fuzzy

Yes, we've had a long streak of days over 100*. Right now my thermometer on the porch says 102* but some days it'll get up to 111/112*.  :o

It's still kinda early today.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 22, 2023, 03:42:47 PMOne more day till my interviews. Couldn't sleep last night thinking about them.
Thanks for the prayers Bobby.

praying your interviews go well.

MsJennJenn

Thanks Sandra! I have a third interview next Tuesday too!! It's for the Aetna job I've been trying for since July!!  :clap: Finally getting somewhere. I feel so revived!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

:hi:
Lord have mercy. I think I'm getting carpal tunnel from all the typing I just did, One of my wayward children came and saw me yesterday in a good mood. Twenty minutes later- arrested. Five new felony case files, totaling around 9 new felony charges from dispensing pharmaceuticals without proper licensing, to deciding he did not care for police company and wanted to enjoy a bit of a race.
 And they went back to get them- offenses were from the first part of 2022. I suspect he will not be going anywhere for a good bit.

Backseat Radio

Got a busy weekend ahead... church tonight, choir practice tomorrow night, ladies conference Friday and Saturday, church again Sunday morning with me scheduled on the ProPresenter

Roscoe

Shew. Another 100 degree plus day. Church air was out completely in the sanctuary. Nearly 90 in the sanctuary. Cancelled bible study tonight. Got an A/C company out and found it had a bad condenser. Replaced, now we have air, but it can't get cool enough to be comfortable in just a couple of hours. Lord, I am ready for a little less maintenance and a bit more church growth.

MsJennJenn

Two of my three interviews done.

I feel good about both. They're both senior coordinator jobs. Ones for product safety area of CVS, and ones for temp alert team (so when pharmacy fridge/freezers fall off of their defined temperature that's bad cus then drugs can be ruined so there is a temp alert team).

The product safety one I actually feel like could be pretty easy. I wouldd have to learn some stuff obviously but. It seemed pretty straightforward. I think they liked me. Lol one of the interviewers was 100% in her pajamas. Silk collared shirt that was a pajama lol.

And the temp alert one I knew a LOT more about and that impressed the guy. He was like oh yea you already know we don't even have to keep interviewing.. he liked that I did my research. Butttt.... This temp alert one is every weekend.  :smirk2:  :smirk2:  my days off wouldn't be sat/sun.

They said hopefully by end of the week they'd make their decision. But my worry is everyone is rushing towards a deadline we have for our job platform. It's changing to a new one so open job reqs have to be closed by what I thought was the 28th. Bu the third interview I have next week isn't until the 29th. So now I'm unsure lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Praying you get the best one for your situation.
I always pray that my kids make the "best right choices" because some choices aren't wrong, they're just not the best for you... so I'm praying for the best outcome for you.

Roscoe

Urgh. Back at work. About to embark on a trip to West Memphis to pick up one. That'll be a most of the day trip. And I need coffee.

Nelle

Today's my Friday!

Boss got Long John Silver for lunch, so I'm eating two pieces of chicken, a hushpuppy and some fries. Leftover sweet tea from Wendy's breakfast. I really do enjoy their tea, haha.

Tomorrow I have a followup hematology appointment and then I'm FREE until Monday. I think we are going to Paducah tomorrow after that to shop at some stores. I want rolled ice cream, haha.

Jeremy's in WI until Sunday sometime. They found a BAT in their hotel room last night. Athena knocked it down and Jeremy had to do away with it. Ugh. Glad they found it before anything crazy happened. I'm also thankful I didn't go - because I would have probably passed right out in a heart attack, haha.

MsJennJenn

Husband just found out today there is a possibility he could get promoted soon.
To Lawton, Oklahoma.  eek
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Would the positions you're interviewing for be WFH?

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 24, 2023, 07:49:46 PMWould the positions you're interviewing for be WFH?

Yes they're all WFH. I already am 90% wfh, but I've been applying into fully remote ones for this purpose. Cus he's been trying hard for over a year to get promoted. My intention was to get fully remote so we can move if needed.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Oklahoma? Score! I hear the people in Oklahoma are pretty nice folks.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Urgh. Morning. Thank the Lord it is Friday.