News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

In Memorial: Yooper, Joygirl and others who have passed on....(Official page)

Started by Scott, August 04, 2011, 03:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

It's creepy. Very. And all I could think when I read "his" supposed "status" was... "Oh, my word! Thomas would be SO angry right now!" My second thought was... "Good grief! She's reading all his personal messages with his friends." And I know for a fact she'll find things she will not want to read. *sigh* Painful relationships only grow more painful with every invasion of privacy. (Which is, I guess, why they're painful in the first place.)

Signed,
rWooby who is sad (and trying not to be angry)
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

sunlight

I have to agree... I am really wishing I could burn his phone... and not just for him.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

SippinTea

Melody

I don't understand. Why not just delete that acct from your friend list?  He isn't there, it's not his thoughts, you'll not communicate with him again this side of glory, especially via FB. You'll not lose any of him or your memories by deleting an acct his mom uses. You have eachother to encourage & remind you of the blessing he was.

MelodyB

I don't feel right deleting him from my friends. We were using his page to encourage each other and to keep his memory alive. And we were basically using it to communicate with his family and Molly who doesn't have a Facebook. But his mother posting "from heaven" or as him, was creepy, and not to mention, all the personal messages he might have saved and she might have read. *sigh* it's just disturbing.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Nelle

I had a former classmate on my Facebook who was killed tragically in Colorado, and his family began making posts as him "from heaven." It was disturbing and I had to delete him, because I wasn't about to ask them to stop.

Amelia Bedelia

its not the posts that bother me as much as it is that we know he wouldn't have wanted her being the one with access to everything.  also, if she does snoop its only going to be hurtful to her.

taco_harvell

Quote from: Amelia Bedelia on August 21, 2011, 11:49:19 AM
its not the posts that bother me as much as it is that we know he wouldn't have wanted her being the one with access to everything.  also, if she does snoop its only going to be hurtful to her.

Exactly!!!

The post do bother me somewhat as well to though. Thomas name had just stopped showing up as available for chat on my FB and then out of nowhere a post supposedly from him popped up.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Amelia Bedelia

Oh don't get me wrong, the posting is creepy.  Though I think it would have been fine to post once under his name to say "if he has anything of yours, photos etc. Contact me at:" so it shows up in the feed of those that know him.  And I think it should have been Molly, not mom.

taco_harvell

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

sunlight

Hi,

We are very sorry to hear about your loss. We will review your report and take the appropriate steps based on our policies described below. You may not receive a confirmation email when we've taken action, but we take this matter very seriously and review all reports.

Memorializing the Account

It is our policy to memorialize all deceased user accounts when reported. This sets privacy so that only confirmed friends can see the profile or locate it in Search. Additionally, the profile will no longer appear in the "Suggestions" section of the home page. The Wall, however, remains so that friends and family can leave posts in remembrance. We cannot provide login information for the account for any reason.

Removing the Account

Immediate family members may request the removal of a loved one's account. This will completely remove the account from Facebook, so no one can view it. We will not restore the account or provide information on its content unless required by law. If you are requesting a removal and are not an immediate family member of the deceased, your request will not be processed, but the account will be memorialized.

If you would like to submit a special request for a deceased person's account, please use the following form:

http://www.facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=memorialize_special_requests

Please note that we may not be able to honor all requests.

If you have further questions, please visit our help center here:

http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=842

Thanks,

The Facebook Team

taco_harvell

I got a note from Molly today she is very grateful for everyone's prayers.

Tucked inside was one of those things they hand out at funerals with Yoop's pic inside. When I saw it, it hit me once again that this is real.............. :sadbounce:

I miss my friend!!!

Newsman

Raven180

Obviously a few weeks behind...

Not intending to be insensitive, but could I ask some questions?

I'm from WI, and I've noticed and interacted occasionally with Yooper here. I know Yooper means the U.P. of MI, but that he lived in WI, too. My wife is from up there, from the Marinette, Crivitz, etc. area. She formerly attended Pentecostal Apostolic Church in Peshtigo under Rev. Dale Welch, Pastor before we wed.

Did Yooper ever attend there?

I noticed, too, in this post, that the funeral was to be held in Marinette at the same funeral home that my wife's grandmother's funeral was held at, so I'm just kind of wondering if I actually knew the man behind the screenname, or at least, if my wife did.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
Luke 12:24,

24. Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them...

sunlight

I think He lived in Marionette and went to a Small home missions church in Menominee... or the other way around. Not sure which he lived in, and which he went to church in, but they were really close together? There were not many people in the church, as it had just moved there from 4 hrs away within the last 2 years? Not positive about the dates and such?

Raven180

Marinette and Menominee are sisters cities, just across the bridge from one another. It almost feels like you haven't changed cities.

I know there used to be some kind of daughter work there, and there's something else happening now, too. I will ask my wife.

Can anyone share Yooper's real name, at least in a Pm, so I can ask her?

Thanks.
Luke 12:24,

24. Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them...

amanda18

Yoopers Real name was Thomas, And Yes theirs a chuch in the marinette menominee area. It's pentecostol apostolic Chuch with pastor Dale F Welch.. I was from there. thats the church I grew up in.. My cousin was in the hospital with molly when she got the news... IT was very sad.. No yooper didnt attend there..

JUST DANCE!!

taco_harvell

Almost picked up the phone to call Thomas the other night...... Still very hard to believe he is gone at times.  :sadbounce:

myhaloisintheshop

The holidays seem very "off" without hearing Heather pretend to be a grinch.    :smirk:  I know she loved the family time.   

I find myself wondering if I will ever find another friend that can make me laugh or encourage me like she did.  Im not so sure anyone can.  :-\

Scott

December has been bittersweet for us

12-10-2009 and 12-10-2010 : two friends of mine passed away and they knew each other. Two good friends who made me laugh. When 12-10-2011 came around I held my breath and crossed my fingers.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

taco_harvell

Really been missing Thomas lately....... I know how excited he was for me and RJ. I miss him badly!!

SippinTea

Quote from: taco_harvell on December 31, 2011, 01:32:06 PM
Really been missing Thomas lately....... I know how excited he was for me and RJ. I miss him badly!!

Me too. And I kept thinking about him while I was watching your wedding ceremony online. I kept thinking how much he wanted to be there. And how many hundreds of pictures he would've been taking. And how he would've annoyed Elona with his constant joking, and made her do some amazing eyerolls. And I thought about how it just COULDN'T have been since last May when I saw him. And how much I wanted to pick up the phone and call him. Just to hear his silly snortlaugh. And tell stupid jokes that make me groan. And tell me it's okay to cry when I'm hurting. He was good at all those things.

Odd how grief hits at such strange moments.

This year the Christmas season was especially difficult for me, and I'm not even completely sure why. I was REALLY missing my Bapa. More than usual. And he's been gone since I was 14. But it was at Christmastime that we found out he had a brain tumor, so maybe that's part of why Christmas can make me especially melancholy. It's not just that I miss him. I remember all the horrid moments, and the tears, and the questions, and the fears. And it makes me want to hide in a corner and cry. Just like I was a frightened 5 yr old or something.

And this year I was missing Bapa and Thomas... and Nana (even though she's still alive we've already lost her so much that it's almost like she's already gone)... and I kept having flashbacks to Christmas the year I was 13 because this year felt eerily similar due to some family stuff going on.

/rambling

Quote from: myhaloisintheshop on December 28, 2011, 04:16:42 PM
The holidays seem very "off" without hearing Heather pretend to be a grinch.    :smirk:  I know she loved the family time.   

I find myself wondering if I will ever find another friend that can make me laugh or encourage me like she did.  Im not so sure anyone can.  :-\

*tight hug* I never got to know Heather much, but she sounds like a wonderful friend. I'm sorry you're missing her so much.

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali