News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

In Memorial: Yooper, Joygirl and others who have passed on....(Official page)

Started by Scott, August 04, 2011, 03:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: RainbowJingles on August 04, 2011, 11:51:24 PM
five-oh: GP can be like that for sure.  Somehow, through the goofiness, the real person seems to come through here on the board.  Somehow, through the laughter, the sharing, and the silliness, we truly FIND one another.  And sometimes we even find ourselves.
Yeah, I'm seeing that. Between Thomas, and the conversations I've had with your intended, who I consider a great brother, and meeting Mini and his wife...... it's clear that this is no ordinary forum. It is my haven when the 'real"world gets to be too much and I need to be among other nuts of like faith.... even the silliness has a Godly, comfortable feel to it most times.
  :thumbsup2:
:cry:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

SippinTea

Doesn't it just, Bob. Doesn't it just. Godplace is... well, there's nothing else like it.

Sarah, I'm glad you weighed in here. I never really got to know Heather, and I'm sorry you're missing her so badly. I'm glad if this thread helped you in some way. *hugs*

I had hoped Thomas and David would be able to get to know each other better. I think they would have been good for each other. I know they really liked each other in the brief time they knew one another. I'm REALLY glad that Chel and David and Ryan are together on their trip right now. It's good to have friends nearby when you're hurting.
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

myhaloisintheshop

Quote from: Scott on August 04, 2011, 11:32:11 PM
Quote from: myhaloisintheshop on August 04, 2011, 10:43:38 PM
I hate that i have been so scarce thati missed the chance to meet and apparently amazing person.

This thread has helped validate some of my feelings about losing Heather (joygirl).  Im normal for my mixed emotions :-]

its hard to understand why we must experience such heartache.  Praying for Molly and his friends and family

I think I missed something here????

Heather passed away July 17th --only 27 years old.  She was found unconsience.  I shared briefly in sharing. 

myhaloisintheshop

Thanks Ruby.  Some days you just don't know how u feel exactly.   sometimes I can't help but be angry at God--even myself ---and  I know she wouldn't want that.   

Heather was an awesome friend and during her life she taught me more than anyone.  In her death I'm also learning more about myself and never taking life, my family or friends for granted. 

taco_harvell

I was just thinking a few minutes ago, about how when GP would get quiet for a few days I would always get a call, text, or YIM from Thomas. Usually within the first five minutes he would say, "GP is to quiet, how can we stir things up?". lol

He loved when everyone was posting and having fun on here. I think he is probably smiling right now because he is the cause of so much activity on GP in the last few days. He loved this place and so many people here. He would be glad to see everyone posting!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

MelodyB

*sigh*

:)

Agreed. He would love it. He would love it so much that he would say :thumbsup2:

:hypocrite:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Scott

Over the years we have lost a few people who frequented GP ...

Mike died of a heart attack a few months ago, his wife was "songforjoy" and he used a clown name; Joygirl, Yooper and several others over the years have passed away leaving holes and vacancies in GP.. Honestly I hesitate to mention some names to keep from drudging up old memories.

One of my best friends died in December 12 months to the very day that another friend of mine died of a fatal heart attack. 2 or 3 others have passed on since December.

I am sure that each of us have losses ...feel free to share them in this thread.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Dew-Ax-238

Isaiah 43:2    
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee: and through the rivers, when thou walkest through the shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shall not be burned: neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

taco_harvell

New information concerning Yoop's Memorial Service:

The memorial service will be held at the Hansen Onion Martell funeral home in Marinette, WI on Thurday, August 11th at 6pm.

MelodyB

The Purple Fuzzy

I still randomly cry when I see posts about him.  Sitting here at work with tears dripping right now. :cry:

MelodyB

taco_harvell

I think the realization that he is gone is just finally sinking in to my head. For some strange reason FB chat has given me issues all week. I never have it turned on, but this week every time the page refreshes it opens. Almost every time it shows Thomas as available for chat. I keep wishing it would be true and he would just send me a message.

Reading that obit kind of hit me hard earlier because it hit me that he is really gone. I miss his corny jokes, and even just seeing him pop online on YIM at the weirdest hours of the night. Molly has been in my prayers and will continue to be. She will need our prayers for a very long time past Thursday.

MelodyB

I also keep thinking he is gonna pop into sharing and share some random stuff from his day. Or pick on someone.

I'd volunteer and let him pick on me.

SippinTea

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 08, 2011, 07:21:25 PM
I still randomly cry when I see posts about him. 

Me too. :cry:

I'll be fine for a while, and then it hits all over again.

I miss him.

A lot.
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

upcchris

Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

Amelia Bedelia

is it just me or is its really unsettling to have his mom posting on facebook using his phone? 

MelodyB

I saw that today. I almost choked when I saw his name, before I actually read the status.

taco_harvell

Quote from: Amelia Bedelia on August 19, 2011, 04:29:25 AM
is it just me or is its really unsettling to have his mom posting on facebook using his phone? 
It's not just you.

Amelia Bedelia

I can't imagine he would have wanted her or anyone to have much access... I hope for her sake she doesn't look around too much you know?

MelodyB

Oh my. :o I just went and looked at the latest message. I missed that one today.

Agreed. She needs to log out and leave it alone. Wow.

Dew-Ax-238

what happened to Joygirl? I miss seeing yoopers post... been thinking about his family and his girlfriend..
Isaiah 43:2    
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee: and through the rivers, when thou walkest through the shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shall not be burned: neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

myhaloisintheshop

I wasn't Yoop's friend on fb but I know Heather's parents have been posting from her phone as well.  So far its just been to give encouragement to her friends but it makes me cringe thinking they may have read some of our convos.  Its nothing bad but there are things she shared with me a few days before she passed that may be hurtful to them.    That and HEather helped me through a lot of "junk"   things I would rather them not know.   :-\

myhaloisintheshop

Dew--we aren't exactly sure what happened with Joygirl....she was found unconcious and was unable to be revived.