News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

In Memorial: Yooper, Joygirl and others who have passed on....(Official page)

Started by Scott, August 04, 2011, 03:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

By now most of you have heard the news...
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Dew-Ax-238

Isaiah 43:2    
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee: and through the rivers, when thou walkest through the shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shall not be burned: neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

RainbowJingles

I've been crying off and on all day today.
In shock.
Sad.
Angry.
Irritated.
Speechless.

Wishing someone would send me the "just joking" memo.
Please?

Wanting to wrap the entirety of GP in a huge **HUG**
Wanting to skip being engaged altogether and just be married, because life is WAY too short.

SippinTea

Yes.

Me too.

This one hit me hard. There are people who touch your life and you know you'll miss them. And then there are people who have touched your life in big ways - ways that changed something for you, or better yet - changed YOU. I'm thankful to have known Thomas, I'm thankful for the big ways he impacted my life, I'm thankful that since we both have the same Father that I can look forward to seeing him again someday. But my heart hurts really badly today. :cry: As Chelbertina says: "my eyes won't quit leaking today."
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

taco_harvell

If you would like to send something to Molly, I have her address. Just PM me for it. I know from experience a simple card can mean a lot.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

RainbowJingles

Yeah.  The eyes leaking thing sorta sums it up quite well.  *sigh*

taco_harvell

I got a text from Thomas today, he said he was praying for me. I feel privileged that he took the time to pray for me, I sent a text back thanking him. If I would have only none, I would have said so much more than just thank you.

I have honestly come to understand that I will never understand God's timing. I really don't think I am even suppose to try to anymore. Thomas was a great friend! I miss him!

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

RainbowJingles

I just wanna scream and hit something.  Or kick something.
My head hurts.
My eyes hurt.
My kleenex box will soon be empty.

God is love.
I know this.
I can't forget this.

Molly...  Argh.  It just seems so...

Newsman

It appears he was logged in to Godplace on the last morning of his life..if conversion is right, about 2 a.m. Wedneday. His last post had been the day before, over in Ultra Serious.

The Purple Fuzzy

taco_harvell

I feel torn in two with emotions today.

I keep thinking about Thomas and how I know he is happy and with the Father he always wanted. I can even imagine if he could he would tell us some corny joke and tell us to cheer up already. He is happier than he ever was and could ever be in this world.

Then I think of Molly and how she just lost what to her was her world and her future, I know how she feels, and I find myself mourning for her loss. I feel so conflicted in how I should feel. I rejoice for Thomas and mourn for Molly.

Sorry, just needed to get that off my chest one more time.

RainbowJingles

There's really no way we "should" feel, I think.  Grief has such a huge range of emotions that it changes moment by moment sometimes.

Today mine is guilt.  I feel guilty that I still have a fiance.  I feel guilty that I am still alive and have someone to love.

And yet the JOY for Thomas...  The sheer overwhelming joy...  and then the totally overwhelming, near-drowning sense of loss that Molly must be feeling...

Our prayers for her must continue long after we are able to move on.

MelodyB

I too was thinking on how long it would be before we got back to "normal" and then I wonder what exactly can "normal" be without our dear friend. I also wonder what crazy corny joke or comeback he would have for us right now. And how he would tell us not to be sad, that he is where he always longed to be, he is home and free.

*sigh*

SippinTea

Yes, yes, yes! All of that!

Chris and I were looking through some of his older photos on FB this morning, and I had to laugh in spite of myself. And then I suddenly realized that Thomas was still doing exactly what he's always done to me - make me laugh even when I didn't want to. I keep expecting my phone to ring... to hear his (faked) gasp of surprise that I answered my phone... to hear his goofy snortlaugh... to hear him make some arrogant patronizing comment and call me his "adopted sister" like he always did (just 'cause he knew I'd glare and then laugh)... to hear one of his incredibly corny jokes. And then I almost expect him to call and tell me to cheer up, to remind me that although I "lost" someone I care about, I really HAVEN'T "lost" them, because I know where they are. Only a few people have the gift of making me laugh in spite of myself. Chris. Both my brothers. My sister. My cousin John. Chel. And Thomas.

Yeah, I'm rambling again. It's what I do. But Thomas rambled too, so I don't s'pose he'll mind that I'm rambling about missing him.
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

:great:

*snickersmile* just posting a thumbs up smiley makes me think of him and a certian GP call we all had when we discussed the (other) meaning of a thumbs up.

Thanks Thomas. *halfsmile*

RainbowJingles

Thomas?  Ramble?  Who are YOU talking about?  :eyebrow:

**HUGS** memories

Thank You, Jesus, for the minds with which You have equipped us, and the memories that You bestowed upon us.
Thank You for the gift of being able to replay moments in our minds even when they are long over.
Thank You for the gift of being able to recall fun times even when we are faced with horror.
Thank You for the gift of love and friendship, and for not taking all our friends at once, so that we can each have others for comfort at times like these.
Thank You for all the things we take for granted.  We truly appreciate them.  Really.

myhaloisintheshop

I hate that i have been so scarce thati missed the chance to meet and apparently amazing person.

This thread has helped validate some of my feelings about losing Heather (joygirl).  Im normal for my mixed emotions :-]

its hard to understand why we must experience such heartache.  Praying for Molly and his friends and family

RainbowJingles

(click for a larger image)

Okay...  this was SUPPOSED to be a serious, somewhat romantic picture.  Really.  The mood was right.  The scenery was right.  The photographer had snuck up on us and caught just the right feeling...  and then...

:roll: THOMAS!!!!!!!!   :pound:

:laughhard:

My thought: if he were here, he'd be looking for a way to make us laugh even when we weren't in the mood.
Anyone got a pic or saying like that?  Let's share those.  Thomas would like it.

Scott

Quote from: RainbowJingles on August 04, 2011, 07:21:03 PM
There's really no way we "should" feel, I think.  Grief has such a huge range of emotions that it changes moment by moment sometimes.
Today mine is guilt.  I feel guilty that I still have a fiance.  I feel guilty that I am still alive and have someone to love.

There isn't a need to feel guilt over this - you have a Fiance'; talk to him because I have a hunch he needs you right now.  Do not feel guilty that you are alive and have some to love.  Embrace it and go forward with life.  My time with Thomas was one church service and a lot talking before and after service.  I have an idea that he'd not want you to have those feelings.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Scott

Quote from: myhaloisintheshop on August 04, 2011, 10:43:38 PM
I hate that i have been so scarce thati missed the chance to meet and apparently amazing person.

This thread has helped validate some of my feelings about losing Heather (joygirl).  Im normal for my mixed emotions :-]

its hard to understand why we must experience such heartache.  Praying for Molly and his friends and family

I think I missed something here????

The Never Ending Battle

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on August 04, 2011, 09:27:35 PM
:great:

*snickersmile* just posting a thumbs up smiley makes me think of him and a certian GP call we all had when we discussed the (other) meaning of a thumbs up.

Thanks Thomas. *halfsmile*
I've thought often today of that call. And it made me laugh, especially since he'd use the "thumbs up" smiley every time he got the chance afterwards.... :laughhard:  :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

I thought it was strange, how I could miss someone I had never met in person so keenly...... but Thomas had a way of being everybody's brother from another mother..... :biglaugh: Those occasional text and phone calls- man I wish I could replay all of them. And that goofy stock market voicemail greeting..... :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

RainbowJingles

:spitlaugh:

That voicemail!!!!  rofl  *shaking my head*
Oh that VOICEMAIL was awful!  rofl

RainbowJingles

five-oh: GP can be like that for sure.  Somehow, through the goofiness, the real person seems to come through here on the board.  Somehow, through the laughter, the sharing, and the silliness, we truly FIND one another.  And sometimes we even find ourselves.

RainbowJingles

*closing my eyes and shaking my head all over again*

That voicemail!!!  rofl

I laughed.  I told him it was crazy.  I laughed again.  We discovered the # key (or was it the * key?).

*laughing out loud*
It feels good to laugh out loud right now.