Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

:hi: Rather annoyed today. They set up an extradition team a while back and solicited officers to join. They would be flying all over the nation to bring folks back. We were told that if we volunteered for an extradition, we HAD to make sure our calendar was cleared, or we couldn't take it.
One of our officers decided she would take a two-day extradition to California. Instead of clearing her calendar, she just left appointment slips for her offender's telling them to report in and "other officers would see them". So we've had a steady stream in between our own clients, of hers. Nope. I'm telling them to come back Friday.
Myself and the other officers agree- ridiculous. You have a sick kid and have to be out- no prob, I'll do ALL of your job. You are on a vacation and your people act up? I got you on the paperwork.
You maliciously send your people in knowing you are out and expect us to do your job for you? Not happening.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

:hi: Good morning!
Back at work on a rainy Thursday. Got the call that my cow is ready to be picked up from the processor. Several pounds of fresh steak, roasts, hamburger meat...oh, yes. I am a fan. That payment for it kinda hurts though...
I'm a tad irritable. I wanted a coffee this morning and the drive through was backed up. Same with the donut I wanted. So I thought, " I have three people this morning, They'll be done by 830, and I'll go grab my donut then". Nay. ALL of them are running late.
SO... to recap- It is pre 10am- strike one, I'm grumpy by default. I am hungry. Strike two, moving into maximum annoyance. People are causing me to be unable to remedy this. Strike Three. Three strikes and- I'm knocking someone out.  :laughhard:
And to make matters worse, my work sistah, who always has my back? She went by the donut shop. Did she bring ME something? Nay. I sat in her office and watched her with the most beautiful "pinecone" donut in the history of man. Now I know what my dog feels like when I am eating and ignoring her.. :sadbounce:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

We've had quite a bit of rain lately. Chel had trouble getting where she needed to go this morning with water over roads.

MsJennJenn

I'm glad for the rain for my garden, but we're on day 4 or 5 now of gloomy and I desperately need some sunshine.

Today is my Friday. Flying tomorrow morning to Indiana to surprise my Mom for mothers day!  :thumbsup2:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

We have a yard sale on Saturday at the church for the city-wide yard sale day. Thankfully I'm going to have my mom here with me on Memorial Day weekend while Jeremy is out in Arizona, so we are celebrating then. I did mail a card for her tho.. it's nice to still get surprises haha. If they didn't live so far out in the country, I'd send flowers.

@Work.

Trying VERY hard to eat lunch after a super chaotic morning. This parmesan tho.. it smells so gross, it almost puts me off the meal completely.

Still having a bit of trouble eating since my teeth are on different levels LOL.. I'm trying to work through it. Hopefully my actual crown won't be this tall or I'll have to refuse it I guess.

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

By siduses have hated be ever sidce the weather warbed up last Boday.

I thick I'b startig to see it their way. I hate theb too.

I biss gettig a good dight's sleep.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Boy do I sympathize, Lynx.
Friday. Thank de lawd. Even if I do have prayer meeting tonight and a ton to do this weekend.

Roscoe

Shew. You all is quiet. Prayer meeting last night. Today- some quality time with Rusty on the back roads, a bit of time working on Sam, and spent a few hours with my nephew at the local dragstrip. In short, a "me" day I needed...

Lynx

Dad has been here since Thursday.

His old Straight Talk phone has been giving out for some time now. He has to reboot the phone to check messages and place calls, as it forgets about the cellular connection. Also it galls him that Straight Talk has no office he can go to if there is a problem, just a phone number he can call to talk to a person with an east indian accent.

I got him a modern Moto and an AT&T account. The Moto is unlocked so he could use it with T-Mobile or even Verizon if he wanted (it allegedly uses both GSM and CDMA, so it claims to be compatible with just any old service you want to slap a SIM card in for.) And if there's a problem he can take the phone down to a real AT&T store and talk to a real person face to face. They won't be responsible for the third party phone not working, but they are responsible for fixing problems with the AT&T account.

It's a bit of a leap for ole Dad. His former phone was an old, old, bargain-bin cheap android. I mean it was still an android phone, but... There are sooooo many quality of life improvements since then that we all take for granted, that Dad is just now learning about.

I also plugged a bluetooth/radio adapter in his truck. It takes audio from his phone and broadcasts it as an FM signal his radio can pick up. (His truck was made in that awkward time with no elegant solution. If his truck was older it would have a casette player, and those casette adapters are simple and cheap... If his truck was newer it would do bluetooth on its own.) That's something else for him to adapt to, as well as learning how to switch between his bluetooth earbud and the bluetooth truck adapter.

Also the old phone number porting failed. Something about the old number and new number are in different database systems, so they can't just slap the old number on the new phone account. So we spent a bit of time sending out text messages and vcards to his contact list.

It has been a trip. Fortunately Dad is intelligent and learns fast.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

Did you hear about the mother who had to show ID to buy some spices?

She was picking up some of the usual things - garlic, basil, cinnamon, cloves and the like - but at the checkout the clerk asked to see her ID.

"I'm not buying liquor. Shoot, I'm not even buying sudafed. Just some spices."

"Yes ma'am, but one of the spices you are purchasing is cardamom. And as you are a mom, I'm going to need to see some ID please."

So anyway, y'all have a happy mother's day.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

My dad still uses a flip phone.  :roll: Then when something goes wrong, he wants me to fix it. It's a real pain. Those things are NOT intuitive.

When hubby's phone died, I got him the closest thing to what he was used to. It's still been... interesting.

Backseat Radio

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on May 14, 2023, 01:35:52 PMMy dad still uses a flip phone.  :roll: Then when something goes wrong, he wants me to fix it. It's a real pain. Those things are NOT intuitive.

When hubby's phone died, I got him the closest thing to what he was used to. It's still been... interesting.

I must be used to working with flip phones cause to me the new KaiOS system makes perfect sense. I mostly get irritated that every time they update the operating system they take away a feature. They've already removed voice texting, the Facebook app, and T9's understanding of the common English contraction "I'm".

Lynx

If you need a Facebook app, you really need a smartphone. Or a laptop. Facebook on a flip phone is like riding a tricycle down the freeway. You'll get there eventually...
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on May 14, 2023, 06:20:04 PMIf you need a Facebook app, you really need a smartphone. Or a laptop. Facebook on a flip phone is like riding a tricycle down the freeway. You'll get there eventually...
Being curious...how do YOU know? Your dislike of Facebook is legendary.  :laughhard:

At church. Praying for His anointing, gonna be unpopular. And listening to old cassette of Bro Wilson preaching.
The crowd is quiet for him too. So maybe it's not unusual for folks to sit like bumps on a log when some messages are preached..

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on May 14, 2023, 06:53:12 PM
Quote from: Lynx on May 14, 2023, 06:20:04 PMIf you need a Facebook app, you really need a smartphone. Or a laptop. Facebook on a flip phone is like riding a tricycle down the freeway. You'll get there eventually...
Being curious...how do YOU know? Your dislike of Facebook is legendary.  :laughhard:

I don't dislike it. I don't use it myself, but I love the entertainment I get from how it keeps tricking users.

Plus my family uses it, and they often need tech support.

Quote from: Roscoe on May 14, 2023, 06:53:12 PMAt church. Praying for His anointing, gonna be unpopular. And listening to old cassette of Bro Wilson preaching.
The crowd is quiet for him too. So maybe it's not unusual for folks to sit like bumps on a log when some messages are preached..

They're not always sullen when they are silent. Sometimes we're thinking, "Wow, how did he know what I've been needing to work on? Did my mother tell him?"
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Was pretty earlier but looks like a storm is coming in.

Roscoe

Morning. Busy yesterday. Back at work today, as usual. Tired as usual. Been almost hot, and otherwise beautiful here, but we have chances of rain through the next few days.

Nelle

Trying to start my new lifestyle today. Two months in a row, I have gone to the walk-in clinic for other reasons and had my blood pressure be too high. So I'm trying to track my sodium intake as well as track calories and whatnot. Trying to really get into an exercise habit, some form of movement even if it's just walking in our neighborhood. I want to try this before I just have them try some meds. I know I can improve my eating habits, exercise habits, sleeping habits. I'm going to TRY to work on my stress, but most of that I can't really shut down unless a ton of external things go away. I just have to better prep myself for how to handle it on my side. I don't really know how to do that yet. Anyway.. my parents both have HBP, covid affects blood pressure, stress, sleeping, etc etc. Some of those I can't help.

I'm starting to get a little nervous about my hematology appointment in July. Everytime I really stop and think about it, I get nervous that I'm going to get a scary answer instead of something that I can fix. I know God can completely heal me, of the WBC issues as well as HBP. I'm trying to believe for that and receive it.

In other news.. that is still stressful... our kitchen plumbing has been the bane of my existence for three days now. Hopefully tonight we can quickly get some cuts done into the PVC and find the blockage, then patch it up, and all will be dandy. I'm thankful we have the basement so that we can easily access these pipes AND that they're only PVC. I just wish the piping wasn't all so old that we are running close to needing to changeout a lot of it soon.

My mom comes in a WEEK tomorrow, and Jeremy gets to go on his trip in the same amount of time. I'm hoping time with her can super soothe me down too... usually works like that when I go to their house. Kinda like a reset.

And then unless something changes between now and then, the weekend he gets back from Arizona, we are probably goin to Wisconsin to pick up his service dog. I'm super nervous. Athena is a Belgian Malinois. She's friendly to small animals and children, but I'm worried about my cats dealing with her in the house PLUS.. I'm a little nervous about dogs her size, haha. I'm also excited tho.. Jeremy's super pumped too.

Roscoe

Good morning, sleepyheads.  :biglaugh:
Well. started my day off knowing I have a potential court case to testify in. This, coupled with the fact that my work clothes were all in the laundry, led me to wear business wear today- slacks, dress shirt and tie. :pound:
Tonight is Bible Study, and I am sure to be long winded. :lol:
Went last night to Chey's awards ceremony, and now, she is officially a senior, or will be when school resumes. It happened so fast...
 And finally- the church bus is at the sign shop. FINALLY.

Lynx

Whataya mean sleepyhead? I was up before 5am... And today is my day off.

I like 4:38 a lot better than I liked the first number when I woke up. 1:19 is MUCH too small a number. I like a bigger number like 4:38 a lot more when I get up.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

I will freely admit that I am not a morning person. :yawn:

MsJennJenn

Same Sandra. Mornings and I do not mix well. At all. Ever.

My Mother's Day surprise was a success. Made Mom cry lol.
I came home Monday evening and spent yesterday with the hubbs blowing a thousand dollars on a new mattress. Sigh. Being an adult is awful.

Back to work today and I just dont wanna be here.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

If taken out of context, that would sound terrible. "Yes! I made my mother cry! Success! Just what I was going for."

Okay I'll hush now.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

I don't mind mornings if I've been able to allow my body to naturally wake up on its own. I dislike alarms incredibly much.