News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: Cats like Sardines - It's ...
Last post by Lynx - May 20, 2024, 05:28:28 PM
My only update worth noting is, yesterday I decided to be unhealthy. I can eat greens any day of the week, but there's no point in living longer if you don't have anything to look forward to.

So yesterday for breakfast I consumed the entire contents of a can of whipped cream.

I figure I can do that once a month without having a pronounced overall negative effect on my health, and it gives a person something to look forward to.
Last post by mini - May 20, 2024, 04:25:21 PM
No updates in 3 days?  Wow!

Drove way down into Texas for the weekend.  Dallas, Waco, Austin, San Antonio...

Home now, and glad.
Last post by Roscoe - May 17, 2024, 05:26:19 PM
I am so glad it is Friday. Last night, I thought, home, peace, quiet. Lou says " Oh, Mik (girl from church) is coming over to help with the banner for the graduation party Saturday. Ok. Then a text from a friend " I'll pray for you. I hear you are going to have a houseful of ladies tonight."
Whatchu talkin' bout, Willis?
I get home- Mik; Her mother; her two little brothers; her older brother; Lou's friend Melanie and her mother, who recently prayed back through after a decades long time away from church; Chey and Ethan of course; and the my friend Bro Roger had a truck issue near the house and limped to my house- just in time for dinner.
Loved each and every one of them. Enjoyed the company. They were there until 10pm. My social battery now has a dead cell.  :laughhard:
Last post by MsJennJenn - May 17, 2024, 02:29:08 PM
Yea that's a lot of driving lol.

We have vacation planned in July with Mom and Dad. Meeting them in a beach town in Mississippi. Buttt... could be pending hubbs promotion. We're still in limbo even though we booked the AirBnb.  :-?

And yes Lynx we just about did that if I remember right. lol

So glad it's Friday. All four of my kittens are now successfully eating the wet food. On to the dry food we go!!!  :clap:
Last post by Roscoe - May 16, 2024, 05:35:00 PM
Well, MY upcoming vacation will be 4,000 miles of driving; sightseeing; and companionship with my daughter. I just wish my wife had time enough to come along, but she is not crazy about the driving...
Last post by Lynx - May 16, 2024, 05:33:41 PM
That sounds suspiciously like w*rk. Vacations are supposed to be restful. At least mine are supposed to be restful.

Did you meet your goal?
Last post by MsJennJenn - May 16, 2024, 02:46:13 PM
Quote from: Lynx on May 16, 2024, 08:36:41 AM
Quote from: Backseat Radio on May 15, 2024, 09:03:22 PMI'm off work for a staycation the next 4 days. :clap:  Already got plenty on the to do list...  church tonight, teeth cleaning tomorrow, liver ultrasound Friday, working media Sunday.
You are contradicting yourself. That don't sound like no staycation. With a staycation you don't do nothing.

Hubbs and I did a staycation in January. And we doordashed all week to try to make a thousand dollars lol
Last post by Lynx - May 16, 2024, 08:36:41 AM
Quote from: Backseat Radio on May 15, 2024, 09:03:22 PMI'm off work for a staycation the next 4 days. :clap:  Already got plenty on the to do list...  church tonight, teeth cleaning tomorrow, liver ultrasound Friday, working media Sunday.
You are contradicting yourself. That don't sound like no staycation. With a staycation you don't do nothing.
Last post by Backseat Radio - May 15, 2024, 09:03:22 PM
I'm off work for a staycation the next 4 days. :clap:  Already got plenty on the to do list...  church tonight, teeth cleaning tomorrow, liver ultrasound Friday, working media Sunday.
Last post by MsJennJenn - May 15, 2024, 03:59:47 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on May 15, 2024, 03:35:12 PMMorning all. Time DOES fly. Chey graduated last night....I cried. It's been a rough emotional few days for me, I'm a softy and emotional anyway. God  musta stumped His toe when He was working on me and added too much emotion, especially for a tough dude.

He knew what he was doing giving you a "Daddys girl"!! lol