News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

It's been storming off and on. Super muggy and been getting up in the 90s some days. I can't complain though, because one year it was already hitting the 100s in May.

mini

Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 22, 2024, 02:57:46 PMNot much here. It's been hot hot in the 90's. Quite overcast today though.

Hubbs has his third and final interview today for the store director position in Ardmore. Here we goooo hopefully. lol scared about the constant scary weather in that strip of Oklahoma though. Eek.

I have another interview type chat with a lady I would work closely with for a team. Hoping this means I get my own book of business finally. I like not doing anything most days, but eventually it gets a little old.

When you move up there, make sure you go outside and watch for the naders when they announce them.  That will make you a 'fo 'sho 'nuff Okie.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

@Work again. I've only worked three days this week technically... but it definitely feels like a full week plus some. I don't know what would happen if I took my vacation like everyone else in this company does. LOL. I shudder to think.

Extended weekend is almost here! Husband will be home Sunday afternoon, BUT it's supposed to be fairly strong storms that day. We also have a special cookout at church after our morning service with a missionary. Hoping the storms don't go too crazy. Normally he isn't home in time for the actual holiday day, so we normally go visit his friend's grave here in town for him. Maybe this time I can go with him and Athena.

On another note.. I love how easy to please my mom is for supper, haha. I did NOT feel like cooking last night after the grocery store excursion, so I bought that prepackaged bbq, buns, and some TGIFridays potato skins. She was ECSTATIC and enjoyed dinner. They don't eat much like that at home.

Roscoe

Urgh.
Thank God it is Friday. Counting down to Wednesday evening....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: mini on May 23, 2024, 07:50:47 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 22, 2024, 02:57:46 PMNot much here. It's been hot hot in the 90's. Quite overcast today though.

Hubbs has his third and final interview today for the store director position in Ardmore. Here we goooo hopefully. lol scared about the constant scary weather in that strip of Oklahoma though. Eek.

I have another interview type chat with a lady I would work closely with for a team. Hoping this means I get my own book of business finally. I like not doing anything most days, but eventually it gets a little old.

When you move up there, make sure you go outside and watch for the naders when they announce them.  That will make you a 'fo 'sho 'nuff Okie.

:ugly:
Folks do that in Texas, too. :lol:

Roscoe

Hello.
Midway through a weekend. Preached. Done miscellaneous things. Ran around like a chicken minus a head. Still not sure if I am coming or going. Attempting to get everything in order... three more days and Chey and I head out on a trip to remember. Still bummed Lou can't go..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Just found a tiny kitten in one of our sheds. Last thing I want is another cat around here. The neighbors won't get theirs fixed and they keep reproducing. A friend stopped by and took it since it needed a bottle.

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on May 27, 2024, 04:49:03 PMJust found a tiny kitten in one of our sheds. Last thing I want is another cat around here. The neighbors won't get theirs fixed and they keep reproducing. A friend stopped by and took it since it needed a bottle.
How many cats y'all got? Or are they all just neighbor's cats?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

whew what a weekend whirlwind.. quite literally. So ready for tornado "season" to be done this year. Seems the storms are changing their natural paths from years gone by and getting SUPER close to our house and my work now. My work has narrowly escaped already twice this year. We ARE getting a big storm shelter installed in June thankfully.

Mom left for her house this morning. Back to routine for all of us.

The Purple Fuzzy

We had a tornado warning this morning. It was so dark out that I thought I got the time wrong and it was really early.

Roscoe

Shew. Been insane today. Ready for quitting time..

The Purple Fuzzy

The storm knocked out power to lots of folks. Thankfully ours stayed on. Right now the sun is shining, but you never know...

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on May 27, 2024, 10:40:31 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on May 27, 2024, 04:49:03 PMJust found a tiny kitten in one of our sheds. Last thing I want is another cat around here. The neighbors won't get theirs fixed and they keep reproducing. A friend stopped by and took it since it needed a bottle.
How many cats y'all got? Or are they all just neighbor's cats?

I know you didn't ask me but I have 8 currently LOL

Well I got the team I interviewed for!! Husband got his promotion. So we're officially about to become OKIES. Oh lawd. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MsJennJenn

Post thou varlets. :demand:

Finally Friday woohoo. I am sleepy. Zzz.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Congratulations on your hubby's promotion, Jenn.

Been running the roads grocery shopping.

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 31, 2024, 02:04:38 PMPost thou varlets. :demand:

Finally Friday woohoo. I am sleepy. Zzz.
Well... You asked for it.

I am currently playing a game with big battleships. You can choose where to put what generators, propulsion, shields, guns, etc.

Some of the rooms, like generators, are explosive. If they get destroyed by enemy fire they go BOOM and damage other rooms around them.

Know what else in this game is explosive?

The restroom.  :updown:

It only provides +1 morale so I never bother putting one on my ships. No idea what the poor sailors do. I guess just hang their butts over the water and hope the wind doesn't blow it back against the hull.

Someone had FUN programming this game.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

Also, most characters level up automatically. In this game my gunner has a mission attached to his promotion. Huh... That's odd.

Oh well. *click

"This mission requires 20 beers."

Well that makes sense. He's getting promoted. We gotta have a party.

Somebody really enjoyed making this game.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Well. Been a bit since I got in here. After church Wednesday night, Chey and I went home and slept until about 130 am, then hit the road. About thirteen hours later, we were ten miles from Taco and the clown's house. They treated us like royalty and fed us, and we had a nice multi hour visit before I went back to the hotel and died for about ten hours,
 Today, we set out for Hershey. Got sidetracked by Gettysburg, led astray by GPS which took me THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF A 10,000 tree apple orchard before dumping me out- in front of a race car museum. Seemed like a God thing, we had to stop. Saw some cool cars and continued to Hershey. The chocolate factory was a tourist trap. Chey agreed. But we didn't let our assessment stop us from being the perfect customer and buying a ton of chocolate. Then on to the AACA car museum, where we got to see two of the remaining 49 Tucker cars, plus some of the very cool parts and factory equipment, among other things.
We headed for New York then. I made a rookie mistake and stayed on the road too long....leading to us struggling to find a motel room. Finally found one in Oneita/Cooperstown. It wasn't the Hampton I wanted, and looked rundown outside (Super 8). But the rooms were clean and bug free and after I inspected it we have a room for the night. If my truck is here and untouched in the morning I'll consider it a win.
Tomorrow- Gloversville New York and family...then off to Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine!

Lynx

So you're doing a Chel and traipsing all across the country.

Y'all have fun now.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

That sounds like a great trip!

At home today with the dog and cat. Working on Sunday School for tomorrow and maybe doing some chores. Husband started the carnivore diet today. So we will see how nice he is for 30 days haha,

Didn't get to sleep in really when the dog stays home on Saturdays. It's raining off and on all day, so of course I have a headache. Thankfully I didn't have to go into work today. I'm going to start working several hours on Saturdays to catch up on some backlog work in two weeks tho. Next week is the wedding of our boss' son, so I don't want to ruin my day by going to work first LOL. Husband is thankfully off for the day to go with me since we are all friends with these people. Exciting!

We're talking about going to Yellowstone again next summer with the same friends as last time. I'm a little excited! Hesitant due to our cat. I'll have to figure out a plan for her for while we are gone. Not sure if I want to board her somewhere or just have a friend check in on her. I'm leaning towards a friend so she won't have to leave her comfortable surroundings and get all stressed out.

It's COLD here today. I think it's still in the mid-to-upper 60s so I'm wearing a sweatshirt in June to take the dog potty haha,

Backseat Radio

Nothing exciting happening in my world unless my department manager being on vacation counts.

Lynx

Most exciting thing here is a big pot of peach pudding. It's delicious though. I dumped a can of orange juice concentrate in it, which brings out the peach flavor somehow. Not sure how, but I like it.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

More storms came through today. Many folks lost power but thankfully ours stayed on. Chel's was off quite a while yesterday.